Gas Clip Technologies Multi Gas Clip Gas Detector
Sorry, no calibration video yet!
Gas Clip Technologies PN:
Gas Clip Technologies Calibration Gas PN:
Gas Clip Technologies Calibration Gas:
25ppm Hydrogen Sulfide
100ppm Carbon Monoxide
50% LEL Methane
From The Manufacturer:
Battery life for months instead of hours!
Day in, day out, your workers have to charge their portable multi gas detectors so they can keep testing for the presence of combustible gases, H2S, CO, and O2. Unfortunately, sometimes they may forget to do so. Gas Clip Technologies can help prevent this safety risk with our new Multi Gas Clip (MGC). It has the longest battery life of any portable gas detector by a long shot.
The new MGC can go a full 2 months without a charge, even without ever having to be turned off. Shut down the unit nightly and the battery can last up to 4 months. What’s the secret of the MGC’s extended battery life? It uses low-power photo-metric technology for the detection of the combustible gases (LEL). Instead of draining the battery with archaic pellistor technology, the MGC uses an IR source. This conserves power, so the battery lasts and lasts and lasts.
The MGC also eliminates the need to frequently calibrate portable gas detectors. It can go 12 months without being calibrated. That saves time and increases efficiency. Each Multi Gas Clip, IR version, comes with the following features:
- 2 month battery life (continuous run time)
- 1 year calibration cycle
- Will work in inert environments, no need for oxygen
- Simple to use
- Bump/Calibration reminders
- Docking station compatible
- Programmable user ID
Gas Clip Technologies Multi Gas Clip Calibration Guide:
Want to calibrate the Multi Gas Clip? Here's how:
- Turn the Multi Gas Clip on in normal reading mode. Do this by pressing the only button, located bottom right of the screen.
- Once the Multi Gas Clip is in normal reading mode, you need to send it into calibration mode. Do this by pressing and holding the power button down until it turns off. KEEP HOLDING THE POWER BUTTON.
- Eventually, the screen will come up saying hold to calibrate. Hold the button until the screen begins the zeroing process. Now is a good time to set the monitor down, and grab your calibration gas, regulator, and calibration adapter.
- Open the valve on your regulator. This is a very important step so you do not ruin your calibration gas cylinder. Now screw it in to your calibration gas cylinder. Close the regulator once you hear gas spewing out of it. This is the signal to know your regulator is good to close. Continue screwing in the regulator until it stops. Do not overturn it.
- Attach the tubing to the hose barb on your regulator. Make sure the tubing is also connected to your calibration adapter.
- Wait for the screen to come up asking for you to apply calibration gas. Once this screen comes up, clip the calibration adapter in to your gas detector. Once it is clipped on, turn on your gas.
- Make sure your calibration gas values on the screen match what is on your calibration gas cylinder!
- Once the calibration procedure is completed, turn your gas off and remove the calibration adapter from the Multi gas Clip. The screen will go back to normal reading mode within a few seconds.
- Congratulations! You have officially calibrated your Gas Clip Technologies Multi Gas Clip gas monitor! Make sure to record these readings in your calibration log!
Helpful Part Numbers:
- Gas Clip Technologies IR Link - GCT-IR-Link
- Multi Gas Clip Charger - MGC-Charger1
- Calibration Cap - MGC-CALCAP
- Replacement H2S/CO Dual-Tox Sensor - MGC-SE-4DT
- Replacement LEL Sensor - Infared - MGC-SE-LEL-IR
- Replacement O2 Sensor - MGC-SE-O2
Combustible Gas (LEL)0-100% LEL
Oxygen (O2)0-30% Vol.
Carbon Monoxide (CO)0-500ppm
Weight: 7.7 OZ
Dimensions (L x W x D): 4.7" x 2.4" x 1.2"
Audible Alarm: >95 dB
Visible Alarm: 4 Red Alarm Bar LEDs
Vibrating Alarm: Standard
Display: High viewing angle Alphanumeric back lit LCD
Charging Time: 4-6 Hours
Run Time: 60 Days Continuous
Operating Temperature Range: -4° to 122°F (-20° to +50°C)
Humidity: 5% to 95% RH non-condensing
Ratings: EMC Directive 2004/108/EC
Ingress Protection: IP67
Data Log: 25 bump tests
Event Log: 25 Events
Calibration Logs: 25 Calibrations
Continuous 1 second data logging, >2 month typical capacity
Warranty: Full 2 Years
Certifications: CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 157 and C22.2 152
ANS/UL-913 and ANSI/ISA-S12.13 Part 1
CSA: Class I, Division 1, Group A, B, C, and D
Class I, Zone 0, AEx ia IIC T4 Ga
UL 60079-0, UL 60079-11
IECEx: Ex ia IIC T4 Ga (-20˚C ≤ Ta ≤ +50˚C)
EN60079-0:2012, 60079-11:2012, 60079-26:2006
ATEX: CE Sira 14ATEX2013 (-20˚C ≤ Ta ≤ +50˚C)
ll 1 G Ex ia llC T4 Ga (-20˚C ≤ Ta ≤ +50˚C)
InMetro: IEx 15.0057
Ex ia IIC T4 Ga (-20˚C ≤ Ta ≤ +50˚C)