MSA Altair 4 Gas Detector Information
MSA Calibration Gas PN:
MSA Altair 4 Calibration Gas:
20ppm Hydrogen Sulfide
60ppm Carbon Monoxide
58% LEL Pentane (1.45% Volume Methane as a Simulant)
MSA Altair 4 and MSA Altair 4X Calibration Guide:
Want to calibrate the MSA Altair 4 or MSA Altair 4X? Here's how:
- Turn the MSA Altair 4 and MSA Altair 4X on in normal reading mode. Do this by pressing and holding the center button.
- Once the MSA Altair 4 and MSA Altair 4X is in normal reading mode, you need to send it into calibration mode. Do this by pressing and holding right "UP" button until it beeps at you and the screen asks you to zero the monitor (sensor refresh on the MSA Altair 4X).
- Now that the screen is asking for confirmation, press the center button once to confirm. This will send the monitor into zeroing mode. Now is a good time to set the monitor down, and grab your calibration gas, regulator, and calibration adapter.
- Open the valve on your regulator before attaching it to the gas cylinder. This is a very important step so you do not ruin your calibration gas cylinder. Now screw it in to your calibration gas cylinder. Close the regulator once you hear gas spewing out of it. This is the signal to know your regulator is good to close. Continue screwing in the regulator until it stops. Do not overturn it.
- Attach the tubing to the hose barb on your regulator. Make sure the tubing is also connected to your calibration adapter.
- Wait for the screen to come up asking for you to apply calibration gas. Once this screen comes up, press the center button again to confirm. Clip the calibration adapter in to your gas detector. Once it is clipped on, turn on your gas.
- Make sure your calibration gas values on the screen match what is on your calibration gas cylinder!
- Once the calibration procedure is completed, turn your gas off and remove the calibration adapter from the MSA Altair 4 or MSA Altair 4X. The screen will go back to normal reading mode within a few seconds.
- Congratulations! You have officially calibrated your MSA Altair 4 or MSA Altair 4X gas monitor. Make sure to record these readings in your calibration log!
From the Manufacturer:
MSA's new ALTAIR 4, Multigas Detector for LEL, CO, H2S, and O2 raises the standard for personal multigas detectors by offering a combination of features you won't find in competitive models.
The ALTAIR 4, Multigas Detector is the only portable gas detector with an optional MotionAlert™ feature if a user should become disabled due to unforeseen hazards. When enabled, the MotionAlert feature will activate an audible alarm if the instrument does not detect motion for 30 seconds, and is ideal for confined space entry applications. This unique gas detector function can be deactivated by the user. A high-contrast display and three large, rubberized buttons enable easy operation in low-light conditions.
The rubber over-molded housing is easy to grip, provides unsurpassed durability, is rated IP67 against dust and water ingress, and passes a 10+ foot drop test. This unit is equipped with a 95+ dB audible alarm and ultra-bright alarm LEDs on both its top and bottom for maximum visibility. Vibrating alarm and datalogging are standard features in this very competitively-priced unit.
MSA’s ALTAIR 4 Multigas Detector is Galaxy® System compatible for calibration and record keeping; a QuickCheck™ Test Station for fast, easy bump testing is also available. Data logging is a standard feature; the ALTAIR 4 Multigas Detector is MSA Link™ Software-ready.
- MotionAlert™ feature plus audible, visual & vibrating alarms
- InstantAlert™ feature to sound a manual alarm
- Most rugged instrument available
- Large buttons for easy operation
- 16-hour battery run time when fully charged
- Tested to IP67
- Global approvals
- Economically priced
- MSA Link Software-read
Helpful Part Numbers:
- Altair 4 Charger - 10087913
- Pelican Case for Altair 4 - 710948
- Altair 4 Replacement Oxygen Sensor - 10089163
- Altair 4 Replacement LEL Sensor - 10089116
- Altair 4 Replacement COSH Sensor - 10089117
- Altair 4 Calibration Adapter - 10089321
- Altair 4 Front Casing/Filters - 10089162
MSA Altair 4 Specifications:
Combustible Gas (LEL)0-100%
Oxygen (O2)0-25% Vol
Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S)0-200 ppm
Drop test:10 feet
Housing: Rugged rubberized armor
Dimensions (L x W x D)4.4 x 3.0 x 1.37
Audible alarm:>95 dB at 1 ft
Visual alarm:4 ultra-bright LEDs on top and bottom
Display size:1.45 x 1.45 high contrast
Display time adjustable
Charging time:<4 hrs
Run time:16 hours @ room temp
Operating temperature range:-20 deg. C to +50 deg. C
Humidity:15-90% RH non-condensing
Data log:> 50 hrs
Event log:> 500 events
Certifications:Europe: ATEX II 2 G EEx ia d IIC T4, Tamb= -20 to 50º C
UL, Class I, Div. 1, Groups A B, C, D, Class II, Div.1 Groups F & G. T4, Tamb= -20 to 50º C
CSA, Class I, Div. 1, Groups A B, C, D,
Australian & New Zealand: IEC Ex ia d I/IIC T4, ANZEx ia s I/IIC T4 (Zone 0)
If this page helped you out, please click the Google button below to help us out!