MSA Altair 5X Gas Detector
PN Individual to Setup
MSA Calibration Gas PN:
MSA Calibration Gas:
20ppm Hydrogen Sulfide
60ppm Carbon Monoxide
58% LEL Pentane (1.45% Volume Methane as a Simulant)
Sorry, no calibration video yet!
From the Manufacturer:
The ALTAIR 5X Gas Detector is capable of measuring up to 6 gases simultaneously and is now available with integrated PID sensor for VOC detection. Driven by advanced MSA XCell® Sensor Technology, the ALTAIR 5X Gas Detector delivers faster response time, better stability, accuracy, longer service life, and cost savings over the life of the instrument.
Ideal for confined space applications, the MotionAlert feature, when enabled, activates a "man down" alarm if no motion is detected for 30 seconds. The InstantAlert feature allows users to manually activate an audible alarm to alert those around them to potentially dangerous situations.
MSA's new generation of miniature catalytic combustion sensors will reliably detect up to 100% LEL of combustible gases, including many solvents. MSA's high-performing electrochemical duo-tox hydrogen sulfide/carbon monoxide sensor allows for an additional sensor slot.
Many other toxic sensor choices are available, including ammonia, chlorine, hydrogen cyanide, phosphine, and sulfur dioxide. A lithium-ion rechargeable battery provides enough runtime to cover double shifts.
- Detects combustible gases in LEL and/or volume percentage range, oxygen, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, hydrogen sulfide, sulfur dioxide, ammonia, chlorine, VOCs, and many others depending upon sensor configuration.
- Rugged overmolded polycarbonate housing provides unsurpassed durability, including ability to survive 10-ft. (3m) drop; IP65-certified.
- Field-proven integral pump provides consistent gas flow, eliminating concerns of externally-attached components
- MotionAlert feature option tells others that user has become immobile
- InstantAlert feature provides manual alarm to alert others as to a potentially hazardous situation.
- PID option allows for accurate, reliable VOC response with programmable reference factors.
- Large buttons and bright display provide easy operation, even when users wear gloves.
- Exclusive end-of-sensor warning cautions users when unit's sensor nears end-of-life
- Versatile MSA Link™ Software allows users to transmit data to a computer.
- Compatible with GALAXY® GX2 Test System and MSA Link Pro Software for fleet management.
Helpful Part Numbers:
- Altair 5X Replacement O2 Sensor - 10106729
- Altair 5X Replacement LEL Sensor - 10106722
- Altair 5X Replacement COSH Sensor - 10106725
- Altair 5X Replacement PID Sensor - 10165271
Combustible Gas (LEL)0-100%
Oxygen (O2)0-25% Vol
Carbon Monoxide (CO)0-2000 ppm
Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S)0-200 ppm
Drop test:10 feet
Housing:Rugged rubberized armor
Dimensions (L x W x D):6.69" x 3.49" x 1.79" (rechargeable, pumped, no belt clip)
Audible alarm:>95 dB typical
Visual alarm:2 ultra-bright LEDs
Display size:1.79" x 1.39" high contrast, back-lit
Display time adjustable
Charging time:<6 hrs
Run time: 20 hours @ room temperature
Operating temperature range:-20 deg. C to +50 deg. C
Humidity:15-90% RH non-condensing
Data log:> 200 hrs
Event log:> 1000 events
Certifications:USA/UL: Class I, Division 1, Groups A, B, C & D Class II, Division 1, Groups E, F & G Class III, Division 1 Ambient temperature: -40 C to +50 C; T4 ALTAIR 5X Multigas Detector with alkaline battery pack T3/T4 ALTAIR 5X or ALTAIR 5X iR Multigas Detector with rechargeable battery pack T4
Canada CSA: Class I, Division 1, Groups A, B, C & D CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 152 Combustible Gas Detection Instruments C22.2 No. 152 Performance Ambient Temperature: -20° C to +50° C C22.2 No. 157 Intrinsic Safety Ambient Temperature: -40° C to +50° C ALTAIR 5X Multigas Detector with alkaline battery pack T3/T4 ALTAIR 5X or ALTAIR 5X iR Multigas Detector with rechargeable battery pack T4
Europe: ATEX Directive 94/9/EC ALTAIR 5X Multigas Detector: II 2G Ex d ia mb IIC Gb IP65 – Zone 1 when XCell Ex Sensor is installed. II 1G Ex ia IIC Ga IP65 – Zone 0 when XCell Ex Sensor is not installed. ALTAIR 5X Multigas Detector with rechargeable battery pack T4 I M1 Ex ia I Ma ALTAIR 5X iR Multigas Detector II 2G Ex d e ia mb IIC T4 Gb IP65 CE 0080 Directive 2004/108/EEC (EMC): EN 50270 Type 2, EN61000-6-3
Australia & New Zealand: ANZEx Australia/New Zealand - Test Safe Australia ALTAIR 5X & ALTAIR 5X iR Multigas Detector Ex ia sa IIC T4 (Zone 0) IP65 ALTAIR 5X Multigas Detector with alkaline battery pack T3/T4 ALTAIR 5X or ALTAIR 5X iR Multigas Detector with rechargeable battery pack T4 Ex ia sa I (Zone 0) IP65 IECEx - Test Safe Australia ALTAIR 5X & ALTAIR 5X iR Multigas Detector Ex ia mb d IIC IP65 – Zone 1 when XCell Ex Sensor is installed. Ex ia IIC IP65 – Zone 0 when XCell Ex Sensor is not installed. ALTAIR 5X Multigas Detector with alkaline battery pack T3/T4 ALTAIR 5X or ALTAIR 5X iR Multigas Detector with rechargeable battery pack T4 Ex ia I IP65 – Zone 0